Sand filters should be CHEMICALLY cleaned at least once per season and also after encountering bouts of algae.
Keep your sand filter clean and working efficiently with Bioguard FILTER BRITE. It eliminates all wastes that can contribute to build-up on or in your filters. It also helps to remove stains caused by oils, metals, and dirt. Furthermore, Filter Brite is a fantastic trouble shooting tool to help in many different problem situations, whether it be algae, a cloudy pool, or even chlorine demand.
Below are the steps to clean your Sand Filter using Bioguard Filter Brite:
- Backwash filter for 3-5 minutes and rinse for 20-30 seconds
- Turn pump off and return dial valve to “filter” position
- Remove strainer lid on pump
- Dissolve the entire 250g bag of Filter Brite in a clean pail, then pour the Filter Brite solution through the strainer basket and replace the lid
- Turn the pump on for 5-15 seconds (just enough time to get the Filter Brite into the filter)
- Shut off the pump and leave off for 8 hours
- Backwash thoroughly (minimum of 3 minutes)
- Resume normal operation
Pro Tip: Clean your filter at least every six weeks during pool season! However if there is a lot of rain, pollen, wind or other organic materials entering your pool, you will have to clean your filters on an even more frequent basis.
Schedule Your Next Pool Filter Cleaning Today!
A properly maintained Sand filter is the key to a clean swimming pool. If you haven’t had your swimming pool Sand Filter cleaned since the beginning of summer (or longer!), then schedule your next pool filter cleaning today!