Clean your salt cell like a pro! Follow these instructions!
- Remove the cell by loosening the unions to release.
- Flush the cell using a garden hose and spray the nozzle attachment to remove or loosen excessive debris.
- Pour the cleaning solution, Salt Scapes Cell Cleaner into a clean, empty, ‘polyethylene’ vessel. Alternative, use a #10 expandable plug to cap the end of the cell. Pour the cell cleaner directly into the cell.
- Immerse the cells into the solution, ensuring that there is adequate product to completely cover the entire blade surface.
- Foaming will be very evident as the solution works to remove debris from the blade surface. This is natural and will subside after a few minutes.
- Soak the cell for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cell from the solution and rinse with fresh water and inspect for cleanliness
- Heavily scaled cells may require a second application with fresh cleaning solution.
- DO NOT try to remove any deposits from the cell with tools. This may scratch or damage the coating on the blades and will VOID the WARRENTY.
- Don’t forget to be adding RENEWAL regularly to restore lost minerals, protect your system and keep your water looking clear and feeling soft.
- Clean all caretakers screen regularly – this is a common cause of a check flow reading. On the cell bypass assembly, look for the sticker that says, “Clean Union Screen Regularly.”