Do you have a problem with water bugs in your swimming pool? Here are a few tips to help you prevent and get rid of them!
Steps to Prevent & Kill Water Bugs:
- Use BioGuard Banish, there is an initial first dose and then a smaller weekly maintenance dose. This is an algicide that also prevents/kills water bugs.
- Cut off the bugs’ food supply (algae). Shock your pool with a chlorine-based shock. You can use 1 bag of BioGuard Smart Shock per 40,000 L of water.
- Brush the sides and bottom of the pool before/after shocking, to loosen up any algae that might be stuck there. Sometimes algae may be there, you just can’t see it.
- Skim out/vacuum up any dead, left over bugs. Eliminating them will prevent more from coming back!
- Use a pool cover when your pool is not in use. This will prevent more from entering the pool, as well as cut off the air supply of any already in there.
- Maintaining proper water balance and chlorine levels will help keep algae from growing, or critters living in your pool water.
- Get your water professionally tested once a month.
- Shock your pool once a week.
- Turn your pool lights off when not in use. The light attracts bugs.