What is the advantage of these sticks?
- Less sanitizer needed for less cost, more convenience and peace of mind
- Less sanitizer needed – reduced water balancing time and costs
- Crystal Clear water for more enjoyment
- Improved protection against bacterial and algal infestations for less cost and better results
- Protection from stains and scale for less work and cost
- Squeaky clean surfaces and pipes for less work and more enjoyment
- Softer, more comfortable water, for a better ownership and swimming experience
- Filtration is optimized helping reduce need for chemicals
- Overall enhanced pool experience for greater confidence and enjoyment
Will they prevent algae?
Yes. They will improve the pools overall resistance to algae by eliminating and preventing biofilm formation and increasing overall sanitizer efficiency. Advance Stick technology also reduces the risk of algae by making it substantially more difficult for algae to attach to surfaces.
Will they reduce chlorine and how?
The answer to this question is yes. Our field trials resulted in a dramatic reduction in sanitizer consumption. Sanitizer demand is reduced from a number of perspectives, most notably;
- The principals of fusion science significantly reduce sanitizer demand. When the unique elements in Advance Sticks ‘fuse’ to waste, allowing it to be filtered out, the result is less ‘matter’ that needs to be oxidized. As we know, the majority of sanitizer consumption is spent on oxidation, as opposed to killing microorganisms.
- The elimination and prevention of biofilm also reduces sanitizer demand. Biofilm mass can grow to a considerable extent in swimming pools, leading to significant sanitizer consumption through oxidative and sanitation efforts.
Are there biofilms in pools?
Absolutely. A largely hidden menace, most pools would have biofilm formations that go unnoticed, yet harbour algae and other microorganisms, allowing for significant outbreaks when the pools maintenance system breaks down. Biofilm formation can be significant, yet largely invisible in the larger confines of a swimming pool when you consider the difficulties most pools have with proper circulation. Slopes in deep ends, around and under walk-in stairs, ladders, lights and other water features are safe harbours, out of the general flow of sanitizers and oxidizers. In addition, swimming pool piping is usually far more extensive than that of a hot tub, allowing for considerable growth since most pool maintenance systems are ineffective in these areas.
Are biofilms and algae related?
Yes. Biofilms are large masses that can consist of a single microorganism species (bacteria, algae, fungi, etc) or be a complex blend of many different species, intermixed. What they have in common is that they form and grow in wet or moist environments, they start from free-floating microorganisms that come in contact with an appropriate surface and attach themselves, and secrete a gooey substance, extracellular polymeric substance (EPS), that binds them together, providing protection for the host(s), attachment and an ideal environment for reproduction. Algae, growing in a mass on a wall or floating on the surface in a scum formation, is an example of an algal biofilm.
Is this program cost effective? Will it be too expensive for me?
Mineraluxe Advance Sticks are for discerning pool owners who want the best pool experience they can get and are willing to invest modestly to achieve it. Cleaner, clearer, more comfortable water, with less risk of algae and other problems, with a significant reduction in sanitizer consumption. It is our belief, and our field trials support this, that the reduction in annual sanitizer and water balancing products and the reduced risk of costly problems can significantly reduce or negate the cost of this product, while delivering significant performance advantages over other products and systems. If the total cost of water care is the focus, this product would definitely be cost effective, not to mention the significant benefits the product delivers.