All vinyl lined pools will stain. It is just a question of when and how severely. Some stains can be removed and other discolourations are permanent. This varies greatly on water chemistry past and present, the area of the stain and the root cause of the discolouration. Please use the Jack’s Magic’s Stain IDentification Kit to determine what process, if any, will remove the discolouration on your pool.
Before you begin:
1. Ensure your jets are pointed down and at a 45 degree angle to circulate the pool properly.
2. Has your filter been chemically cleaned and is it in good working order?
3. During and after the stain identification process, please pay special attention to your chlorine levels-they can fluctuate unpredictably.
Make sure the pool is properly balanced for stain identification and removal.
1. Turn off pump and allow water to calm. Please Note: For easily accessible stains (i.e. top step or swimout) identification products may be applied directly from packet to stain. For pool walls and floor or on the waterline, identification product should be poured into (separate) nylon hosiery (or similar porous container), and allowed to sit on test stain for 30-45 seconds. Important: Do not mix identification products in nylon hosiery or other container.
2. Apply approximately 1/2 packet of Stain Solution #1 over a stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, and then brush away (Stain Solution #1 treatment).
3. Apply approximately 1/3 packet of Stain Solution #2 over another stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, and then brush away (Stain Solution #2).
4. Apply approximately 1/2 packet of Stain Solution #3 over a third stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds and then brush away. Follow with 1/3 packet of Stain Solution # 2. Let sit for only a few seconds, and then brush away. (Stain Solution #3 & Stain Solution #2 treatment)
5. Apply approximately 1/3 packet of Stain Solution #2 over a fourth stained area. Let sit 30-45 seconds, and then brush away. Follow with 1/2 packet of Stain Solution # 1. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, and then brush away (Iron Scale Treatment).
6. Determine which topical treatment most effectively removed your stains and communicate to the water analysis team at Aqua-Tech for detailed instructions on next steps.
If at any time you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org