In navigating the current health situation, we will continue to help you provide a place of refuge, renewal and support within your home. Our focus will be on doing this with the utmost attention on the health and safety of you, our staff and our community.
Ensuring that pools and hot tubs are functional and properly sanitized is an essential service in preventing stagnant water from becoming a health hazard. Our industry has communicated this message to applicable governments.
With the outbreak of the corona virus, we wanted to share with you the latest information available from the CDC as well as some tips regarding Pool & Hot Tub use.
From the CDC: Can the COVID-19 virus be spread through pools and hot tub?
There’s no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g. with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
Pool & Hot Tub Tips:
- Maintain a proper chlorine or bromine residual continuously
- Pools: 2 – 3 ppm
- Swim Spas, Hot Tubs: 3 – 5 ppm
- Use a reliable test kit to ensure proper levels prior to use and as needed to maintain the proper levels continuously
- The water should also be tested and adjusted as needed to maintain a pH of 7.4 – 7.6
- If the chlorine or bromine level is insufficient, do not allow use until the levels have been returned to the recommended levels
- Pools – operate the pump and filter continuously to ensure adequate filtration, circulation and distribution of chlorine or bromine
- No person should use a pool or hot tub who is feeling sick in any way or displaying symptoms of the flu or COVID-19
- Don’t swallow pool or hot tub water, take frequent bathroom breaks and practice good hygiene (shower prior to entry)
- Important: When using a pool, swim spa or hot tub, practice safe physical distancing from others not from your household to prevent person to person spread above the water (i.e. respiratory droplets)
- Clean exposed hot tub surfaces regularly with Dazzle Pool and Patio Cleanse (with Hydrogen Peroxide) to eliminate viruses and microorganisms above the waterline
We are here to support you and flatten the curve by helping families enjoy sheltering at home. We hope that your pool or spa will continue to help you provide a place of refuge, renewal and support within your home during this unprecedented time in our history.
Contact us @ (204) 233 – 8822
Email – email@example.com
Contact us with your questions today!