We understand, no one wants to swim in a giant bowl of milk!
First question that swimming pool owners have is, Why my pool turned cloudy? Well there can be a lot of underlying factors leading to a cloudy pool:
- Imbalanced chemicals
- Faulty filter
- Environmental factors and debris (particles)
Below is a very efficient way to go from cloudy to crystal clear water:
Before you begin please ensure:
- Your jets are pointed downwards at a 45 degree angle to circulate the pool properly
- Your filters have been chemically cleaned recently and are in a good working order
- Make sure you have established and are maintaining a chlorine level 1 ppm or above (are there sticks in the skimmer?)
ADD ____ BAGS AMAZE PLUS TO YOUR POOL.
A. Very Cloudy: Cannot see the bottom of the shallow end (sand filters only)
- Add ____ml of Clear Rebound across the pool surface and wait 8 hours.
B. Moderately to slightly Cloudy: Can see the bottom of the shallow end, but not the deep end
- Add ____ml of Nature Sheen around the pool edges. DO NOT overdose- doing so can lead to even cloudier water!
- Add ____ Clarifying Tablets into your skimmer basket (beside Smart Sticks). Clarifying tablets will dissolve within an hour and form an extra layer of fine filteration on top of your sand.
- Circulate (on ‘filter’ setting) for 48 hours. Backwash as usual. Repeat as required (no sooner than 48 hours). If the water is not clear after 3 treatments, bring a water sample into for a check up analysis.(The amount of chemicals that has to be added depends on the volume of your pool and the water chemistry)
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Aqua-tech’s Water Care Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean your filter media with Filter Cleanse if problem exists
- Keep the pool circulating on ‘Filter’ 24 hours per day for all of these procedures. It’s helpful to test the water daily and ALWAYS keep a chlorine level of at least 2 ppm or higher
- Repeated cloudy water problems can be a sign of a bigger problem, perhaps with the circulation or filtration of your pool.