Is pool care overwhelming to you? Are you stuck and don’t know where to start? Well we believe pool care should be easy! We have broken down our 4 different water care systems and provided some general information on fresh water and salt water pools.
System 1: The Bioguard Smart Pak
The Smart Pak includes:
- Silk Smart Sticks (advanced chlorine pucks)
- Smart Shock bags (chlorinated oxidizer)
- Banish (algecide)
The Smart Pak, also know as the 15 minute work week, is one of the easiest systems for pool care. Once a week you’ll add Silk Smart Sticks to your skimmer basket, you’ll broadcast 1-2 bags of Smart Shock across your pool surface, and you’ll pour some liquid Banish into the pool water. Dosages for these products will depend on your pool size. This can all be done at the same time, and you can swim in just 15 minutes.
- The Silk Smart Sticks are for maintaining a 1-3 ppm chlorine level in your pool throughout the week. Sometimes if throughout the week you notice your chlorine level dropping a bit too low, you can add an extra stick to your skimmer basket.
- Smart Shock is a chlorinated oxidizer, this is important to use weekly because your Smart Sticks will kill bacteria, bugs, etc, but we need to eliminate those bodies. Oxidizing with Smart Shock will eliminate any foreign bodies, organic matter, dust, etc. This will keep your pool water clean and crystal clear! If we have a big rain or thunderstorm, or you have a big pool party, you can repeat this step to clean your water, but still carry on with it on your regular maintenance day.
- Banish is a liquid algecide used to keep algae out of your water!
- If you use the Bioguard Smart Pak system, along with one of our water enhancers (Optimizer Plus or Pool Complete) we put you on our insurance policy Tru-Blue. If your pool ever goes green or cloudy, we’ll give you the stuff to fix it for FREE! The only catch is you have to bring in a water sample once a month. That’s how much faith we have in this line of products!
System 2: Dazzle Pure & Simple
The Pure & Simple kit includes:
- Purify Sticks (advanced chlorine pucks)
- Cleanse (chlorinated oxidizer)
- Activator (water enhancer that prevents algae, scale, and gives your pool that silky salt water feel)
The Dazzle Pure & Simple is a great 3-step program that makes pool care easy, and also gives you the feel of a salt water pool. When you start up in spring, you’ll add a box of Activator which is a powder that softens your water, prevents algae, and protects your pool and equipment from scale. This product only needs to be added roughly once a month (or when your water test calls for it). Then all you have to worry about is once a week adding Purify Sticks to your skimmer basket, and broadcasting 1-2 bags of Cleanse across your pool surface to climate waste and keep your pool clean and crystal clear! This can be done at the same time, and you can swim in 15 minutes!
- The Purify Sticks are used for maintaining a 1-3 ppm chlorine level in your pool throughout the week. Sometimes if throughout the week you notice your chlorine level dropping a bit too low, you can add an extra stick to your skimmer basket.
- Cleanse is a chlorinated oxidizer, this is important to use weekly because your Purify Sticks will kill bacteria, bugs, etc, but we need to eliminate those bodies. Oxidizing with Cleanse will eliminate any foreign bodies, organic matter, dust, etc. This will keep your pool water clean and crystal clear! If we have a big rain or thunderstorm, or you have a big pool party, you can repeat this step to clean your water, but still carry on with it on your regular maintenance day.
- Activator is a water enhancer/algae preventor/magical product that only needs to be added through your skimmer (about once a month-depending on your pool). This helps keep your water crystal clear, silky smooth, and prolongs the life of your pool and equipment by keeping it scale free!
System 1: Dazzle Pristiva
- Primer (protects pool and equipment from scale build up that almost always happens in salt pools)
- Shock (oxidizer)
- Bags of salt
The Dazzle Pristiva system is one of the easiest salt water systems. Initially at start up bring in a water sample and we’ll tell you how much salt to add to your pool. Then just once a month you’ll add 1-2 bottles of Primer slowly through your empty skimmer. Immediately after applying the Primer, you’ll add 1-2 bottles of Shock slowly through your empty skimmer. Then you can swim in just 15 minutes!
- Pristiva Primer is an essential product because salt cells produce hot chemical reactions that produce scale which can build up, Primer will actually prevent that from happening, and it will enhance the performance of your cell.
- Pristiva Shock is essential because chlorine (produced through salt in the cell) will work at killing bacteria, bugs, etc, but applying Shock once a month will oxidize (gas off) all of these unwanted particles, keeping your water clean and crystal clear!
- Bring in a water sample to test once a month and our water specialists will let you know if we need to top up your salt level.
System 2: Bioguard Mineral Springs
Mineral Springs Includes:
- Beginnings Salt
- Renewal (replenishes minerals, prevents scale, helps maintain water balance)
- Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer
- Banish (algecide)
- Other optional products to add: Stain and Scale (for pools with high calcium levels)
The Mineral Springs system is one of the best systems for protecting and prolonging the life of your pool equipment. Salt pools are very scale forming and water balance can be thrown off easily due to the production of chlorine through salt, and Mineral Springs is wonderful for preventing scale and maintaining water balance. At your spring start up bring in a water sample and our water specialists will tell you how many bags of salt to add, and then once a week your regular maintenance will consist of: Renewal broadcasted across pool surface, Banish poured right into the pool water, and Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer broadcasted across pool surface. This can all be done at the same time, and you can swim in 15 minutes! Dosages will depend on pool size.
- Renewal is an essential product to salt pools because it maintains your water balance, softens the water, and prevents scale build up. This is applied weekly.
- Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer is a shock designed for salt pools because it doesn’t add extra chlorine, it’s only job is to gas off wastes and keep your water clean and crystal clear!
- Banish is our best liquid algecide used for preventing your pool from going green!
- If your pool is full of well water or you have a high calcium level, you should use Mineral Springs Stain and Scale applied directly into pool water once a month. This will prevent scale formation that WILL occur in your pool otherwise. Pro tip: this is the one stain and scale that will work 100% efficiently even in high chlorine levels. Most other stain and scale products don’t.